Friday, September 24, 2010

Changes

One of the many things I've been trying to work on is my inability to let go of grudges. Life has a funny way of teaching you things whether you like it or not.

The other day while browsing my news feed on Facebook I saw a status that really made me think. Who knew something so simple could totally blow your mind.

P e r s p e c t i v e.

The gal started the status with the question, "Are you the same person you were 5 years ago?" Of course it was a rhetorical question but in my mind I answered "No."

She then followed it up with the question, "So why is it so hard for us to believe that people cannot change?"

I thought about it.. and continued to do so.. and I had no answer. It's true, I am far from the person I was 5 years ago. Have been to hell and back, and am stronger than ever. So if someone has done me wrong, it might have been a lapse of judgment on their part that I never allowed them to correct.

From this point on, if there is an effort to make amends, they will be made if I truly believe the intentions are good. Life's too short to harbor such hate and resentment in your heart.. If GOD can forgive us for all of our sins, surly we can as well.

To become a better me.. I will work on not "deading" people from my life. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Being more open-minded but not naive, don't get it twisted.. :)

Always room for improvement.. don't press rewind, just let it play.

No comments:

Post a Comment