Sunday, June 19, 2011

And Just A Year Ago...

While having Sunday morning dim sum last week with a few old friends, we got to catching up and updating one another on our lives.

I haven’t seen this certain friend in maybe over a year, but the last distinct memory he had with me was dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I remember sitting at the table for what seemed like hours eating anything and everything, and really just talking about life. I confessed my aspirations and where I wanted my life to go while in between bites.

I told him, then, that I really wanted to pursue my passion for writing. I wanted to get accepted into a Journalism program at one of the local universities and one day write for XXL or Vibe.

Fast-forward one year later and I’ve received my acceptance letter for the school of Journalism at the University of North Texas, and as far as writing for XXL or Vibe? I’m not quite there, but I am writing for an urban site [http://yourstrongestally.com/blog] and fulfilling my passion for words and music all at once. I’m learning something new every day and perfecting my craft in the process.

With hard work and determination, anything is possible..

No comments:

Post a Comment