Saturday, July 3, 2010

REMEMBER WHEN..

I know I'm not incredibly old, but I know times have definitely changed. While laying in bed last night, watching a movie from my laptop and communicating via text, I remember not even 10 years ago, things were much more different.

Remember the days of the AOL/AIM chatrooms? You'd stay up all night on your mamas' 56k chatting away.. taking 30 minutes to download your favorite song, and getting excited at the sound of the specialized AIM alert you had set for your boo once they had signed on.

I remember sitting up in the uncomfortable computer chair.. chatting into the whee hours of the night (since texting had not been hawt yet), and you wouldn't dare let your house phone ring that late. Or, you'd try to time it perfectly, call the weather number and wait for the call to come in and click over. Those were the days.

I think the progression of technology and how we communicate has hindered a lot of people's ability to verbally communicate. They can go on forever via text or IM.. get them infront of you and they're a deer caught in headlights. Ironic isn't it?

Crazy how times have changed. I've got my parents hip to texting, I'm sure it's a whole new world to them. I can only imagine the communication outlet's my future kids will have.

REMEMBER WHEN...

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled on this photograph
    It kinda made me laugh
    It took me way back
    Back down memory lane

    I see the happiness... I see the pain
    Where am I... back down memory lane

    ReplyDelete